Apoorva LifeTips(అపూర్వ జీవితచిట్కాలు)1

We listen to these words very often:

SAVINGS, GREEN, ECOLOGICAL CONSERVATION, CLEAN COAL, NON-CONVENTIONAL ENERGY SOURCES.

Wondering what is the relevance of all these personally. I just remembered Apoorva and her money and energy saving tips .

In an age, where being a technocrat and working for a Navratna Company (In India,,the top Oil Companies, steel industry or simple Major industries which are major revenue earners to the Government fall in this category or India's public sector majors or Fortune companies) was seen as an achievement.

The distance from hostel to office was 6 miles and being in public sector township in a not so developed region, commutation was the first hurdle. Initially, friends helped us and we purchased two-wheelers. My friend did not purchase one. I wondered how she would commute daily. She managed without a vehicle for nearly 6 months and we insisted that she purchase a bike for her safety as she had to work in shifts. At last she bounced upon secondhand moped. So days are passing off smoothly.

But she was regularly not using it for 4 days a week. When we enquired, she gave vague reasons (but saving fuel).

Now everybody has concluded that she is similar to a character in the movie "ఆహా నా పెళ్ళంట
Aaha Naa Pellanta" ( but lady Kota Srinivasa Rao).

One day I had a problem with my scooter and as everyone left the hostel early, i knew Apoorva would be there. Hesitantly I approached her.

Wondering why?


Just wait----- There is a reason for it.


Yes, if you guessed it right, Hey presto! I wish you have already become a fan of Apoorva.

You are on the path of Apoorva .


She goes to office just in the nick of time before the gate closes avoiding the rush hour not because of traffic but to conserve fuel by rushing so that the bike will not consume more fuel by slowing down or stopping at signals etc etc. (TIP 1)


Are you awestruck?


Just hold your breath---- there is more to come

As I was telling you, with all this background, one day I had to ask her to drop me at office.

Did you expect the reply?

Can you guess what she told me--


-You have to bear the expenses of the fuel.

-You have to pay me the fare as if you paid the Auto,

-Or ask for somebody's help to take me to Office .


పప్పులో కాలు వేసినట్టే


Suspense -----


She told me, my friend, I would love to take you and drop you at Office, but oh, my poor moped cannot carry a second person, as you know I am very conscious of energy conservation. If I take you, the load on the moped will increase and fuel consumption will be more and also the tyres will be worn out. (TIP 2)

It came as a shock for me! (I thought I should check my BMI urgently as I was wondering when did I suddenly become obese? or is she seeing me through a magnifying glass!)

She started lecturing me on the importance of fuel and methodology of tyre manufacturing and blah,blah,blah. I was in no mood to listen to her pep-talk and at one point got angry with the conservationists. But currently I had to rush to catch an Auto to go to office.

I said to myself-


"Principles scientifically correct but application wrong".


Now tell me friends, should I treat her as a conservationist with lot of concern for our future energies and learn the tips at the cost of losing friends?


"Any act that has no concern for the real purpose of the needy and without human touch is not worth considering."


*******

"Interdependence is and ought to be as much the ideal of man as self-sufficiency. Man is a social being." - Mahatma Gandhi .


*******

No comments: